I feel like I might get a little bit repetative with these updates because, really, I guess it ends up being a lot alike. But this is my challenge and I really want to keep myself accountable — these evening reports help me do that. They also let me reflect on what I've done.
So first, today's accomplishments:
- My post on How to Set Up Your Aweber List went live
- I left a couple of blog comments
- I kept up with Twitter
- I did some niche research on Facebook (found a page in one of my niches that's very active… going to watch it over the next few days)
- I reworked the masthead/header design for Milk and Mud (what do you think?) – I'm planning to put something up there on the right… just haven't decided what, yet.
- Oh, I got an email subscriber! That's a start, right?
- I wrote an article for article marketing that came out really nicely, so I'm actually going to use it on here. Look for a couple of new static pages up soon.
- I wrote most of a post for tomorrow, which hopefully I'll finish up and get live tomorrow 🙂
I got some articles written for my niche sites, too, which is always a good thing. I spend so much of my time writing, writing, writing!
I also did some more major reorganizing of my files and folders on the computer, and will continue that over the next couple of days. Hopefully I will get things completely streamlined soon.
I've decided that I may do a complete case study on a smaller niche site that's related to the product I have coming out for my bigger niche site. Does that make sense? The product is for a small sub-set of the niche and I'm thinking of setting a little site up just for it to do a case study on traffic generation for this site. I know, I'm talking in circles, but hopefully you get me 🙂
The content refresh of my other two sites is still going on, so I probably won't dig into much else until that's done (except writing here, because I'm really enjoying it). But I'm already thinking ahead about what I can do to boost those sites and expand my business this year. 2010 ended badly for me, and 2011 started badly. I feel like it ended well but I was nowhere near where I want to be income-wise, so I'm working to change that.
I haven't been singing as much as I should this week — I did last week and it make a big difference in my attitude. I need to get back to the songs! More coming tomorrow, as I hit challenge day 12 of 2012!
Photo by kirstyhall